Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Kinder Family.

I was a bit of a vagabond during my time in Washington. Two months here, three weeks there, lots of roadtrips, camping, a few nights at a friends apartment, and finally three weeks with the Kinder family. With two months left in Spokane, I left the first family I was living with and stayed at Jed's house while he was away. During that time I prayed. I also searched craigslist. The place I found on craigslist was a closet. For $250. I kept praying. A few days later my friend Pete suggested I live with his friend's, The Kinder's. I went over to their house and was greeted at the door by Eli and Luke in football helmets. During that initial visit I was instantly comfortable with this family. We laughed, and we talked, and I left that night feeling confident that they would be such a blessing to live with. After three weeks living with them, I couldn't have been more right! Getting to live with such a caring and fun family was the perfect way to end my time in Spokane. Not to mention, they introduced me to almond butter which is the new love of my life.

0 comments: