Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Joy.

Yesterday as I was driving to my friend's house in Virginia I got stuck in about an hour's worth of traffic. With all the time on my hands, I observed the people in the cars around me and noticed some very irritated and angry people. It was interesting to me because although the traffic was a bit annoying, I felt oddly joyful.

I feel like a theme of my semester has been joy. I've been able to recognize that true joy remains despite your circumstances and speaks of the attitude in your heart. I've experienced this throughout the semester as even in the midst of situations that were definitely not my favorite, I still had joy.

"You have made known to me the path of life;
you fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
Psalm 16:11

0 comments: